The Most Advanced CT Technology
Charter Radiology’s three state-of-the-art imaging centers feature advanced 128-slice CT technology. What does this mean? The higher the number of “slices,” the lower the radiation dose, which offers patients throughout the region the highest clarity CT images at some of the lowest radiation dosages available.
- At our Columbia imaging center, we offer the Siemens SOMATOM® Definition 128-Slice CT scanner with SAFIRE detectors. SAFIRE detectors reduce the radiation dosage by an additional 30%.
- Charter Radiology’s Clarksville center is equipped with the Siemens Biograph mCT 128-Slice PET/CT, which combines two powerful diagnostic imaging techniques – Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and Computed Tomography (CT).
- In Reisterstown, we offer the Siemens Perspective 128–slice CT scanner.
Benefits of Charter Radiology’s Advanced CT Technology
- Highly detailed imaging with higher resolution and better image quality which gives us the ability to visualize smaller structures.
- 128-slice CT scanner allows for fast scanning speed which reduces the need for patients to hold their breath. This is especially critical for imaging trauma, elderly and pediatric patients.
- State-of-the-art SAFIRE image reconstruction software allows for up to a 60% radiation dose reduction across a wide portfolio of clinical applications, depending on the patient’s size, weight, and the anatomy being imaged.
- Charter Radiology is the only outpatient center in the region to install a CT scanner with this dose-reduction technology.
- Automated technology allows the technologist to spend less time at the machine and more time with the patient.
- Patient-friendly design allows for excellent access and patient positioning.
In clinical practice, the use of SAFIRE may reduce CT patient dose depending on the clinical task, patient size, anatomical location, and clinical practice. A consultation with a radiologist and a physicist should be made to determine the appropriate dose to obtain diagnostic image quality for the particular clinical tasks.
Charter Radiology CT Dose Comparison
SOMATOM® Definition 128-Slice CT in our Columbia location
Perspective 128–slice CT in Reisterstown
Read more about the Siemens Healthineers SOMATOM Definition AS.