The health of our patients as well as our staff is our number one priority during this coronavirus crisis.
We are open and operating normal business hours at our Columbia and Reisterstown imaging centers.
Charter Radiology is actively monitoring information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding the spread of COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus Disease) and are taking all safety precautions recommended by the CDC to protect patients and staff.
New Appointment Procedures for Patient Safety
- To maintain social distancing, we are taking one patient at a time in our waiting area and exam rooms.
- We ask that all patients wait in their cars until their appointment time to avoid unnecessary exposure to others.
- As always, we are adhering to the strictest sanitizing and disinfection protocols to ensure patient safety.
What We are Doing at Charter Radiology
In addition to our standard safety measures and stringent sanitary processes, we are taking extra steps to ensure everyone’s safety during this coronavirus crisis:
- All staff members as well as patients are being checked daily for signs and symptoms of any illness, including the coronavirus.
- All doors, furniture, and the reception area is constantly wiped down throughout the day with sanitizer.
- Our MRI and CT machines are always wiped down and thoroughly sanitized after every patient.
- Our floors and exam/treatment rooms are disinfected daily.
- All of our providers are either using protective gloves and/or disinfecting their hands thoroughly between every patient.
What You Can Do
We ask all patients and visitors to our centers to notify us in advance if you are at risk for COVID-19 and to take proper precautions and preventive measures for the safety of yourself and others, including proper hand washing. If you have flu or cold-like symptoms such as a cough with fever, or newly developed shortness of breath, please call us at 443-917-2855 to reschedule your appointment as recommended by the CDC.
We will require a two-week waiting period for an appointment if you have traveled to an area with Level 3 coronavirus epidemic, or if you have been in contact with someone who is ill with the virus.
Our patients over the age of 60 and those individuals with underlying health issues (diabetes, lung conditions such as COPD, heart issues, autoimmune conditions, or individuals undergoing treatment for cancer) are at higher risk for COVID-19. As such, we have established screening measures and are continuing to follow stringent infection control protocols to ensure your safety.
During this time of uncertainty, you can be sure that Charter Radiology is open and ready for all of your imaging needs while taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of patients and staff.