CT is an advanced X-ray technology that produces detailed cross-sectional images, allowing the radiologist and physician to visualize bones, articular joints, the surrounding soft tissue structures and the major organs in the body. CT scans are painless, non-invasive and very accurate. Charter Radiology facilities are accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR), has pledged to Image Wisely®, and practices ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable). One major advantage of CT is its ability to image the major organs of the body with great detail.
What is Special about Body CT at Charter Radiology?
- State-of-the-art 128 slice CT scanners allows for faster scanning.
- Highly detailed imaging with higher resolution and better image quality allows for visualization of smaller structures.
- SAFIRE® software technology allows for up to 60% radiation dose reduction.
- The radiologist overseeing and interpreting the procedure is sub-specialized and fellowship-trained in body imaging radiology.
- Customized low-dose CT protocols are established based on the patient and referring physician’s needs.
- Specialized in cardiac, liver and digestive tract imaging.
- Special protocols are performed to characterize the make-up of kidney stones.
- Provides 3D models to enhance visualization of the vascular system and complex conditions.
- Patient friendly design creates a stress-free environment.
- Lowest price for CT Calcium Score.
- Scheduling convenience-We provide extended hours so that your procedure can be scheduled promptly at a time that works best with your busy schedule, even if it’s later in the evening or over the weekend. We also provide same day and walk-in availability.